Critter Control specializes in the removal of wildlife. Whether it’s a squirrel in your attic or a raccoon in your crawl space, the company will come and inspect your property, determine what type of animal you’re dealing with and provide the most humane solution possible to get rid of it. Critter Control is available in 40 states and offers removal of more than 30 animals.
Call Critter Control for a FAST Estimate Today!
24-hour response time on many pest control requests Service
Offers services for 27 different pests Inspection
Critter Control can remove animals like bats, flying squirrels, raccoons, rats, squirrels, woodchucks, and voles
Critter Control Products & Services
- Employs multiple way to rid your property of wildlife
- Offers removal of more than 30 animals
- Will sometimes use trapping methods that will kill the animal
Critter Control does exactly as its name implies – the company removes critters from your home or property. Wildlife certainly has its place and purpose in our world, but sometimes these animals end up where we don’t want or need them. Not only can they be a nuisance, but they can carry diseases that can make people really sick. If they get inside your attic, crawl space, basement or home they can also cause lots of damage.
Live Animal Removal
tter Control specializes in the humane removal of live animals. They offer services like humane animal trapping, no trap evictions, direct capture, and wildlife repellents and deterrent techniques. The process involves identifying the type of nuisance wildlife, trapping or evicting them safely, and then implementing long-term control solutions to prevent future intrusions.
Critter Control can remove animals like bats, flying squirrels, raccoons, rats, squirrels, woodchucks, and voles. The company employs a program called CritterSafe – which they say is ‘the most humane animal removal alternative for residential and commercial property owners.’ Technicians begin with a thorough inspection. They will look for signs of wildlife like droppings, damage or rub marks. After the inspection, the technician will determine what type of wildlife you’re dealing with and the best way to remove them and solve the problem for good.
- Chimneys – Placing caps and screens on chimneys can keep animals from nesting or falling in.
- Holes in Siding – Repairing and reinforcing holes in the siding of your home can keep animals from getting in or nesting.
- Oven & Bathroom Exhaust Vents – Adding vent covers to your oven or bathroom exhaust vents will keep animals out.
- Plumbing Vents – Installing exclusion vents can keep animals from looking for shelter inside your plumbing pipes and getting stuck.
- Porch & Decks – Installing durable rat walls around the base of your porch and decks will keep animals out.
- Roof & Fascia Spaces – Sealing entry points between the roof and the long, straight board that runs along the lower edge of it (fascia) will discourage animals from getting in.
- Roof/Soffit Intersection – Securing gaps under the eaves of your roof will help keep animals out.
- Roof Vents – Replacing lightweight, flimsy vents with heavy secure ones will prevent animal entry.
- Trees & Landscaping – Removing overhanging tree limbs and unkept vegetation away from your house will prevent easy access to your home.
One-Way Doors & Excluders
If an animal is coming in and out of places like your attic, sometimes, the best option is to install a one-way door, so the animal can get in but can’t get back out. Excluders can let the animal get out, but not get back inside.
Technicians will also work diligently to reunite animal babies with parents, if they find that is needed. They will also educate customers before they’re finished with the job, to explain follow-up procedures and the best way to deter wildlife in the future.
It’s important to note, Critter Control will not remove stray dogs or animals from your property.
- Cage Traps – These wire mesh traps come in different lengths and will have doors that vary in size. They allow an animal to get inside the cage, but they won’t be able to leave it.
- Box Traps – These types of traps have solid walls and will hold heat. They come in various sizes and have a way for the animal to get inside, but won’t be able to get out.
- Body-Gripping Traps – These traps are made of metal and are spring-loaded. When triggered, the rotating jaws on the trap close on the animal’s neck or chest and will kill the animal.
- Foothold Traps – These traps are designed to catch an animal by the foot and keep them from getting loose.
Critter Control offers humane and eco-friendly trapping options, whenever possible. Professional trappers know the best type of trap to use, where to put it, how to bait it, and how often to check it.
If it’s the best option for success, technicians will place eco-friendly repellent in areas of concern to keep animals away.
Critter Control has their own supply store online, so you can buy your own trap if you decide to go the do-it-yourself route.
Dead Animal Removal
Occasionally, an animal might die on a property. When this happens, the dead animal can cause a terrible smell and potentially spread diseases. Critter Control’s approach to dead animal removal involves two main steps:
First, we remove the carcass. Second, we address the odor by getting rid of the smell and applying sanitization agents to ensure the area is clean and safe.
Commercial Wildlife Control Services
In addition to residential services, Critter Control offers wildlife removal and management solutions for airports, arborists and landscapers, pest control companies, developers, gas stations, grocery stores, hospitals and medical centers, hospitality businesses, insurance companies, manufacturers and refineries, property management, retirement homes, schools, and shopping centers. They will remove bats, birds, mice, raccoons, rats, and squirrels for commercial properties and businesses.
Animal Damage Repairs
Critter Control will inspect your home for small holes in your attic, dormer, fascia board or gable vent and plug these entry points to keep animals out.
Animal Feces Cleanup, Disinfectant, Sanitation
Even if the animal is gone, feces or fur from them can remain. These things can cause problems if left alone. A Critter Control technician will remove them and sanitize and disinfect the area to make sure it’s clean.
Attic Restoration & Insulation
If an animal gets in your home, they can damage and soil your insulation. Technicians know how to properly remove and dispose of insulation that’s damaged and replace it.
T.A.P. Pest Control Insulation
T.A.P. is a green insulation product. It’s made from recycled paper and contains a borate-based pest control substance. Critter Control can install this type of installation in your attic to add another layer of protection in keeping wildlife and other pests away.
Other Homes Services
Critter Control also offers caulking and sealing, chimney cap and screen installation, chimney repairs, crawl space cleanup, foundation vent installation, gutter cleaning and leaf guard installation.
Where Does Critter Control Offer Services?
Critter Control offers services in the following states:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Washington, DC
- West Virginia
Critter Control Cost
- Offers free quotes
- Doesn’t offer cost estimates before inspection
It’s impossible for Critter Control to tell you how much their services will cost. When it comes to dealing with wildlife, each situation is unique. The same animal can require three different solutions on three different properties. That’s why a technician will have to thoroughly inspect your property, figure out what type of animal they’re dealing with and the best way to get rid of them, before they can give you an estimate of how much it will cost. Critter Control does offer free quotes. So, an inspection and estimate from Critter Control doesn’t require you to use them to get rid of the problem.
4 Factors That Impact Wildlife Removal Costs
At Critter Control, we pride ourselves on offering comprehensive wildlife removal services that prioritize both the safety of our clients and the well-being of the animals. However, we understand that cost is a significant consideration for homeowners and businesses alike. Here, we break down the four primary factors that can influence the cost of wildlife removal:
- Type of Wildlife: Different animals require varying removal techniques. For instance, bats, which roost in attics and chimneys, might necessitate a different approach than raccoons that den in crawl spaces. Our specialized services, such as bat removal or raccoon trapping, are tailored to each animal’s unique behavior and needs, which can affect the overall cost.
- Extent of Infestation: A single squirrel nest in your attic will likely cost less to remove than a widespread rodent infestation throughout your property. The number of animals, the size of their habitat, and the duration of their stay can all play a role in determining the cost. Additionally, the presence of offspring or pups can complicate the removal process.
- Damage Repair and Prevention: At Critter Control, we don’t just remove the animals; we also offer damage repair and prevention services. This includes our whole-home exclusions, where we create barriers to prevent future intrusions. The cost can vary based on the extent of the damage and the type of preventive measures implemented, such as sealing entry points like plumbing stacks, gable vents, and roof returns.
- Additional Services: Beyond removal and prevention, we provide a range of supplementary services. This includes sanitization agents to ensure your home is free from potential diseases, ecoparasite treatments to deal with pests that might accompany wildlife, and attic restoration for homes that have suffered significant damage. The need for these additional services can influence the final cost.
Best OverallSave $50 on your first recurring service today with code GET50
Best for TermitesSave $50 on pest control services with code SAVE50 at checkout
Best for PlansGet a free estimate on pest control services for your home
Best for Wildlife RemovalCall For A Fast & FREE Phone Estimate Today
Best for Natural TreatmentGet $100 Off Your Termite Treatment Service
Critter Control Customer Support & Reviews
- Offers same day service
- Online customer chat available
- No treatment guarantee
If you call with a wildlife problem, you may be able to receive same day service from Critter Control – depending on the time you call and the problem you’re dealing with. The company does not offer any type of treatment guarantee, but will work until your problem is solved.
The website is user friendly and has a customer chat option available for you to ask questions before a technician visits your property. It’s also important to note, Critter Control technicians use humane techniques for prevention and removal and follow the laws in your particular state for controlling wildlife.
You will find mixed reviews online. Some people are incredibly happy with the service Critter Control has provided, while others feel like their problems weren’t solved or they were overcharged for the services they received. The complaints are specific to particular branches of the company and you will find on websites like the Better Business Bureau, the company, generally, responds honestly to complaints and tries to fix the issue.
Very friendly, knowledgeable, reasonably priced and will work persistently to get the job done right.
Critter Control is a reliable on time business to deal with. They were able to get rid of a yellow jacket and honey bee problem that we were having in our yard. Would recommend them highly.
Critter Control Company Background
- Been in business for 30 years
- Not available in all states
Kevin Clark founded Critter Control in 1983. His dad owned a chimney cleaning company and had lots of customers who ended up with birds and racoons stuck in their chimney. So, Kevin decided he could tackle those problems. He then shifted gears from chimneys to wildlife removal and the business took off from there. Clark started with branches in Florida, Michigan, and Ohio and is now available in 40 states and Canada.
Who Are Critter Control’s Main Competitors?
|Same Day Service|
|Bed Bug Treatment|
|Integrated Pest Management Treatments|
|Online Customer Chat Available|
|Initial Service Fee Charge|
|Offers Treatment Guarantee|
|Multiple Plans Available|
The Bottom Line
Critter Control is a reliable company for wildlife removal. The company employs trained wildlife specialists and uses a wide variety of options to get rid of animals on your property. Technicians always strive to use the most humane options for control and removal and are a solid choice if you’re experiencing problems with wildlife.