Personal safety is one of the most basic needs of every human. According to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV), there are some alarming statistics on violence and violent crime:
- Almost 20 people are physically abused every minute in the U.S.
- In a single year, almost 10 million women and men are assaulted countrywide
- Up to 15% of all violent crimes are committed by an intimate partner on his/her partner
- On any given day, more than 20,000 phone calls are placed into domestic violence hotlines countrywide
- Women of between 18–24 years of age are the most vulnerable in domestic violence situations
- Each year, the cost of intimate violence exceeds $8.3 billion
The point is, there is a lot of violence in the world and the chances are good that the perpetrator will be someone you know and are intimate with in your life. For most of us, these numbers do not make sense; we simply cannot imagine someone in our lives looking to hurt or do us harm.
The sad fact is that it is true. More people than you can imagine suffering violence each year, whether it is by an intimate partner, a burglar, a stranger, or a stalker.
Personal Safety Devices
Personal protective equipment, such as pepper spray, personal alarms, and other law enforcement safety products are some of the most important gadgets that anyone can have on their person as they offer personal protection and peace of mind.
In this article, however, we will concentrate on personal alarms. These alarms have buttons that, when pressed, sound off a loud siren that does not stop until you personally stop it.
In that time, you will have alerted your neighbors, your friends, and even well-wishers just passing by. That is why you need to invest in a personal safety device like an alarm. With that in mind, let’s look at some of the most valuable personal alarms on the market.
Why Should You Use a Personal Alarm?
As much as these devices come in different shapes and varieties, they all serve the same purpose; make enough noise to attract attention to you and deter your attackers from achieving their mission, whatever that may be. With that in mind, here are some of the most common uses of personal alarms in our day to day lives:
- Keep you safe when jogging
- Keep you safe while walking to your car at night
- Waterproof alarms will keep you safe when you are out hunting
- Silent alarms keep you safe in emergency situations without alerting the perpetrator
The entire idea is to feel safe and secure every time. These devices are discreet enough to go unnoticed when you have them on your person. Some even look like jewelry.
Top 7 Personal Safety Devices
As far as personal alarm companies go, SABRE is one of the leading brands in the market. The company offers a very wide range of personal alarms for different purposes and personal settings. Their best-selling personal alarm is the SABRE Personal Alarm with Key Ring.
SABRE Personal Alarm with Key Ring features:
- It gives out a110 dB dual-siren alarm that can sound up to 600 ft. calling attention to you and your attacker
- It is very easy to use—all you have to do is pull the metal chain as if you were pulling a pin from a grenade (that is exactly what it will sound like when it goes off)
- It is easily reusable—all you have to do is push the pin back in to stop the alarm
- The alarm is user-friendly and very versatile. It has a sleek, compact design that can attach to your backpack or purse
- It comes with batteries included
- The alarm is very loud (up to 600 ft.)
- It is very user-friendly
- It is appealing to customers of all sexes
- You can easily set off the alarm without knowing it
This is one of the easiest alarms to use as you can set it off as soon as you feel unsafe. Although it is rather easy to accidentally set off, all you have to do is push the pin back in and the alarm will go off. For its price, this is one of the most convenient personal alarm systems on the market.
Thanks to the design employed in the IDAYE Personal Alarm Keychain, this personal alarm is perfect for the personal safety of women, children, and the elderly, as well as the disabled. It is small in size, light in weight, and fits perfectly into your pocket.
IDAYE Personal Alarm Keychain features:
- It gives off 130 dB when it goes off
- Low power consumption
- It has a tiny design that is perfect for your pocket
- It features a stylish design
- It gives off a loud sound
- It is perfect for women and children, as well as the elderly and the disabled
- It might be too small for big hands
This tiny personal alarm gives off an impossibly loud sound that will not only deter attackers but attract as much attention to you whenever you need help. The fact that it is small and well-designed means that it fits into any one of your pockets and is easy to use.
The Siren Song Personal Security Alarm with Keychain is one of the sleekest and easiest to use personal alarm systems in the market. All you have to do is pull out the chain and a loud alarm of 120 dB will sound to attract attention to you when in distress. It is easy to carry around, use, and disguise as a simple key holder.
Siren Song Personal Security Alarm With Keychain Features:
- Comes with a pullout chain as the alarm activator
- Sleek in shape
- It comes in a small and convenient shape
- It is easy to activate and deactivate
- Easy activation method
- Beautiful shape
- Small and convenient to carry
- Doesn’t come with any instructions
The only issue with this personal alarm system is that it does not come with the instructions on how to use it. Due to that, some clients find it difficult to understand, especially when changing the batteries. Apart from that, it is one of the most convenient alarm systems in the market, mostly because it looks good, is sleek, and can pass for a chic key holder.
This ultra-compact personal safety alarm produces a high-pitched, highly irritating sound that is perfect for you as the victim since it attracts a lot of attention. It is annoying to the attacker mostly because it really irritates the ears…and it attracts attention to the did.
Robocopp 130 dB SOS Personal Alarm Features:
- It has an ultra-compact build
- It is easy to use
- Can produce an ultra-loud 120 dB sound for 30 minutes without interruption
- It is simple and sleek in shape
- It has instant activation capabilities
- It is very compact and portable
- Tend to go off by itself
This beautiful yet practical personal alarm system is perfect for those who want something compact and sleek in shape. The fact that it can keep going for over 30 minutes without interruption makes it a wonderful personal safety tool for those who live alone and suffer from conditions such as epilepsy.
This is one of those small sized devices that have a big voice. This tiny and compact personal safety alarm system is just what you need when you find yourself in a tight spot with attackers trying to take advantage of your vulnerability. It is loud, easy to hide, and even has a mini LED flashlight for extra security when you need it.
Vigilant 130 dB Personal Alarms Features:
- Comes with an LED flashlight
- Very loud with 120 dB of sound emitted
- Small and compact in shape
- Easy to use with instant activation capabilities
- Very loud and obnoxious
- Professional grade
- The activation pin can rust and easily slip out
For such a small thing, you may not think that it is enough to deter attacks when necessary, but it is. The loud sound bundled with the flashlight is enough to send any would-be attackers scampering for the cover of darkness.
This little personal alarm system has an attractive design that is perfect for women and is built to be concealed on your person or among your keys. With 130 dB of sound emitted, it is an excellent way to attract attention to yourself when under attack.
Ladybug Emergency Personal Alarm Keychain Features:
- It has an age-appropriate design for the protection of your kids
- Comes with a flashlight that can add extra security when needed
- Emits a super loud sound
- It has a beautiful design
- Emits an intensely loud sound when activated
- Has a flashlight that is perfect for more than just your security
- Might not be appropriately designed for men
This is the perfect personal safety alarm for women and children. Although it might not be well-designed for men, those who are confident in their sexuality can still use it when need be.
This is a trendy looking alarm system that comes in a wide range of metallic colors that not only look good but are also practical and can be disguised as a keychain. It is small in size but can emit a sound of up to 140 dB.
EPOSGEAR Metallic Mini Minder Loud Personal Alarm Features:
- Comes with police-approved specifications
- Look sleek and comes in great colors
- Small in size
- It features police-approved specifications making it one of the most effective alarm systems on the market
- Has a wide range of colors that will suit everyone
- Emits a loud 140 dB sound that will deter attackers
- The shape might not be suitable for everyone
If you want to find a personal safety system that is police Approved, then this is it. Perfect for thwarting any attacks on your person, this alarm system is easy to conceal and use.
Any one of these alarm systems is perfect for your personal safety. The fact that they are all easy to use and conceal make them ideal for a surprise move that your attacker will not be expecting. The one you choose will depend on your personal style and taste, but they are all highly effective in attacker situations.
You Might Also Like
The first and last thing when dealing with fire safety is preparation. If you are prepared and careful, there is little that can go wrong in your home for it to be set on fire. Having things like smoke alarms, escape ladders, and sprinkler systems in place will help....
Credit card fraud is on the increase as technology and global super highways develop. The cost to both businesses and consumers from this type of fraud costs billions of dollars every year. Fraudsters are continually finding new ways to commit their illegal...
Of Violent Crime is Committed by an Intimate Partner
Safety products offer personal protection and peace of mind, whether you’re jogging alone or walking to your car late at night.
You May Also Like